Monday, October 12, 2009

Take your Pick!




We went apple picking yesterday, and I had a wonderful time. We had to eat first to build our strength. I usually scoff at hot dogs, so imagine my parents astonishment at seeing me steal mommy's and eat half of it! My Dziadzui spent his lunch swatting at a yellow jacket, one swat directed it into my mouth, I picked it out and put it on the picnic table-both of us unharmed-and watched him fly away. True story! I think I am part Bee Tamer! Then we checked out the petting zoo, where I proceeded to tell the calf, goats and sheep to not touch me. I ran through the pumpkin patch, and tried to pick up a few, but I knew those apples were waiting. I was super excited to go apple picking. I got to ride on a tractor to get to the field, and then I ran like it was my job. Mom and Dad brought a wagon for me, but there was no way I was sitting. I consumed as many apples as I could get away with-hey they say an apple a day keeps the Dr. away and with my Nanee and cousin Andrew going to the hospital within one week of each other, I need all the apples I can get. After picking we ate some cider donuts. Daddy had to wait in line for those, so I sat with my Dziadzui and danced to the Bluegrass music playing. It was a fantastic day! I literally kicked and screamed as we got into the car because I wanted to pick more apples.
.

2 comments:

Aleta said...

Oh my God did you nearly sh*t yourself when the bee went in? I would have been screaming and freaking out big time. Love the booty shake vid!

DLH said...

Yeah I was pretty scared! I was in complete shock when she got it out, both of them unscathed.